The Lexington School, Lexington, Kentucky—Coed, Preschool-8 grades, 600 students
Principal Consultant for Advancement, Marketing and Communications
- Advise the Head of School.
- Member of the Administrative Team.
- Led Advancement Team on marketing, communications, and public relations.
- Collaborated on constituent and donor relations and fundraising design.
- Member Strategic Planning Task Force.
- Consulted with faculty on curricular technology integration.
- Advanced community partnerships and entrepreneurial initiatives.
- Oversaw brand management and school-wide communications.
- Created and managed all inbound content and design for website, social media, blog
- Managed advertising and print collateral.
- Co-created the messaging, brand, and collateral for a successful annual fundraising drive, two virtual auctions, and completed $15 million Capital Campaign.
The Lexington School, Lexington, Kentucky
Director of Admission, Marketing, and Financial Aid
- Developed and executed all recruitment and retention goals.
- Managed enrollment.
- Handled financial aid and faculty remission budget using a net tuition revenue model.
- Oversaw school-wide marketing and communications, public relations, and scholarship programs that led to a national ranking of #2 Best Private Elementary School.
- Collaborated on facility improvement.
- Managed an admission and marketing staff, faculty admission committees, parent and student ambassadors.
- Collaborated on founding and advancing the Learning Center at The Lexington School for children with language-based learning differences.
- Collaborated with the Development Office on integrated marketing, communications, and fundraising initiatives including a successful Annual Fund and a 2009 successful capital campaign that increased the endowment to a top 20 K-8 school nationally.
Bethinc. (Beth Pride, LLC) Lexington, Kentucky
Advisor for schools, creatives, and small businesses. Expertise relates directly to advancement: marketing, branding, communications, public relations, fundraising, sales, key position searches, value proposition, and overall climate and culture.
- The Common Wealth of Kentucky, Kelly Brewer Fine Art, Lexington, KY
- CELEBRATION Virtual Auctions and Virtual Day of Giving, The Lexington School, Lexington, KY
- Capital campaign consultation, Lexington Catholic High School, Lexington, KY
- Advancement and strategic planning, Wheeling Country Day School, Wheeling, WV
- Business and marketing management, Kelly Brewer Fine Art, Lexington, KY
- Marketing consultation, More Than a Bakery, Versailles, KY.
- Marketing and operations, Oxford Farm, Lexington, KY
- Director, Principal Search for Lexington Catholic High School, Lexington, KY
- Advancement consultation, Grand River Academy, Austinburg, OH
- Admission, marketing/branding consultation, Peter’s School, Chattanooga, TN
- Admission and marketing consultation Hammond School, Columbia, SC
- Strengthened the brand and national reputation of TLS through effective internal and external communications, creative marketing, and entrepreneurial strategies.
- Created a collaborative recruitment and enrollment experience that positively changed the culture of the school.
- Collaborated in developing The Learning Center at The Lexington School for children with language-based learning differences.
- Developed a system of advancement audit and consultation that positively impacts climate, culture, and community engagement at client schools and small businesses.
Relevant Professional Experience
- Presenter, CASE and NAIS National Leadership Conferences, 2017-2018
- Presenter, Enrollment Management National Conference, 2018
- Presenter, KAIS and NAIS Leadership Conferences, 2016
- Awarded NAIS Fellowship for Aspiring Heads, 2015
- Member Board of Trustees, Lexington Catholic High School, Lexington, KY 2014-2016
- Executive Committee, Chair of Academic Committee, 2016
- Strategic Planning Committee, 2016
- Member Fayette Alliance Board of Directors, Lexington, KY, 2009-2012
- Member Good Shepherd Day School Board of Directors, Lexington, KY, 2001-2003
- Member ISACS Visiting Team, Pathfinder School, Traverse City, MI, 2012
- Member ISACS Visiting Team, Community School, St. Louis, MO, 2005
- Marketing Institute, ISACS, SSATB, Independent Schools of St. Louis Conference, 2003
Hammond School, Columbia, South Carolina—Coed, Preschool-12 grades, 850 students
English and Creative Writing Teacher, Head Coach Girls’ Varsity Soccer
- Taught eleventh-grade British Literature and twelfth-grade Creative Writing.
- Coached Girls’ Varsity Soccer team and acquired a USSF D-level coaching license.
- Traveled to Belize and Guatemala with students.
- Member SACS visiting team
Brentwood High School, Brentwood, Tennessee—Coed, 9-12 grades 1,300 students 11th and 12th English Teacher and Assistant Girls’ Varsity and Junior Varsity Soccer Coach
Aspiring Heads Fellowship, National Association of Independent Schools, Atlanta, Georgia
Master of Education, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
Jesus College, Oxford University, Oxford, England
Bachelor of Arts, English Literature, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
High School Diploma, Darlington School, Rome, Georgia